Thursday, December 13, 2012

Fall Semester Reflection

Do you read your colleagues’ work online?  How often? What is it like to read their work? How does being able to see everyone’s work online at any given time change the way you do your work?
If I'm honest, I don't look at people's blogs very much. I'd say about once every other week... bad I know. 
Having your peers be able to look in on your assignments makes you want to do better.
How has the publicly and always visible course blog made this course different from one without a blog? How would the course change if the course blog disappeared tomorrow?
It's easily accessible to everyone and we don't waste class time to talk about what's going on. Certainly, if the blog went down tonight we would probably just find another place to collaborate. The internet doesn't begin and end with Blogger.
Has publishing your work for the public to see changed your approach to completing an assignment? How so?  How would your feelings about the course change if you couldn’t publish your work that way?
I never thought about the incentive for better quality work, but it is true isn't it? We all try harder and make things that are worth seeing because anyone can see them.
Has your experience of the physical classroom changed because of the open & online aspects?  Where does your learning actually happen?
Not really, I guess if there's one thing I tend to not pay attention to your announcements because I know they'll be on the blog that evening. My learning happens where ever I can find a video or a website that explains something to me.


You were described in the Macarthur Foundation/DML  interview as “a pioneer”-- how do you describe the experience on the edge to people who haven’t been there (friends and family)?
My experience in this class has been very different from my other classes. I love Shakespeare and in this class I actually got to help people understand him better. I got to teach. THAT is pretty fantastic.
How do they respond when you describe the brave new world in which you’re working?
haha...hah. mmmmm you don't want to know. I will say though that they don't like it very much.
 What do their responses mean to you?  What effect(s) (if any) do they have on you?
Not much, this system isn't perfect but it has some great potential all the same. Things change every day and if there's one thing that I say needs a good healing, it's the public school system.

No comments:

Post a Comment