Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sonnet on the Allegory of the Cave

1. Do you hear those noises up above?
2. They're nothing! Pay no mind!
3. Watch me close and you will see that everything is fine.
4. There is nothing in this world worth knowing.
5. I am the truth and
6. There is no proof to say that I AM LYING.
7. Never wander, never worry,
8. Feel free to sit and tarry.
9. Those chains are there for a reason.
10. They will help you see what's real,
11. For surely you know that you are mine
12. And I can make you kneel.
13. Never ponder what lies beyond my rocks,
14. When you can stay here, with me, inside my hollow box.


This sonnet was written from the perspective of the shadows 
that the cave prisoners thought were real.

16 comments:

  1. Really creative Sarah! I liked the pacing with the diction, there is a rhythmic quality to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how its someone speaking and not just the summary of the allegory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing from the shadow's perspective is a great idea. I went the obvious route and wrote from the prisoner's point of view, and I regret it now. This turned out really well. The tone was unexpectedly (but appropriately) creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written Sarah! Hearing it from the perspective of the shadow was something different. Nice job though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW....That was amazing, Sarah. VERY creative. Great sonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah! you are so creative. I would have never of thought about the shadows perspective. Nicely done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I commend you greatly for your creativity In the perspective it was written in..this was really well written! Great job! My only criticism is that it needs to be written in iambic pantameter..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the shadows are trying to distract the prisoners and keep them in the cave, very errie to think about. Could you please comment to my blog as well?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh. Spooky. If I had such shadows living in my room I'm pretty sure you'd have to to drag me out with a crane. Anyway, love it! This sonnnet is free from any thumb biting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're great Sarah...I love it. :) K bye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! Great perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job! A good change of pace from the rest of the sonnets. Creative and artistic. I say that this one is my favorite one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting! You have a very unique point of view on the subject, and as always, I adore your diction.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I do have to say that, that was very good! I agree with everyone when they say it was wonderful and that the point of view was cool. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete