Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week One

 Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? (Access to a computer, cell phone, transportation? Family that can help or hassle? Friends that can help or hassle? Scheduling factors that can help or hassle?) 

~Transportation will be a big trouble for me. I don't even have my permit yet. This might hinder my ability to get around when we do projects.

Think of an awesome (or the best ever) learning experience (or an experience where you changed) What was it you learned? [call it X] Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or ?) How did you know what was happening? 


~My best learning experience memory was just last year in Anatomy. Mrs. Van Patten brought in a fetal pig. We dissected it and learned all about how everything connects and works. I could see the kidneys, I could feel the small and large intestines and having the pig opened up like that on a lab table was just incredible for me. I could see and feel everything we were learning about. It was right in front of me! Then, when I didn't know what something was or how it worked I could just ask Mrs. VP and she'd tell me! Not in a, "Oh my gosh stop asking so many friggin' question you bloody dinglewad," but instead she'd tell me what I wanted to know through showing. Each answer came with a smile and the joy to be sharing her knowledge with me. Ever since that class I have wanted to be a nurse.

What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life? 

~I am concerned about the technology, fist off because as youth in the 2000s, everyone already assumes that I am a computer whiz. Well, I'm not. Never really have been except when it comes to the basics... like typing emails, sending emails, receiving emails... deleting emails, using that thing they named after a rodent. Mwahaha, just joshing ya, I'm not that bad. I never could figure out Twitter though :/. Anyway, I think I've answered this question about three times now, ehem, I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE LITERATURE. That's ok though we're all still settling into the school year. Right, Doc? Right. The Technology will help me get ready for the real world.











No comments:

Post a Comment